Acceptance

Here I am.
So different
from the image you have of me.

Here I am.
So different
from the ideal you hold in front of me.

Here I am.
Deeply flawed,
so far from any semblance of perfection.

Here I am.
Trying my best
at any point.

Here I am.
Losing my way
so very often.

Here I am.
Not perfect in any role
and yet
not trapped in any role.


Here I am.
Caught up in confusion
and yet
 clear about where I am.

Here I am.
Far more real
than the best image you can conjure up.

Here I am.
With no choice
but be myself.

Here I am.
Accepting you
not accepting me.

Comments

Unknown said…
Enjoyed reading it my friend.....very deep and insightful! thanks for sending it our way.
V Niranjan said…
In my interpretation, the first five verses were duality and the subsequent verses non duality. I just hope I interpreted it the way you meant it to be!!!

Niranjan
Satish said…
Very nice Ashwin
Ashvin said…
Thanks for the support, everyone!

Niranjan, wasn't thinking of duality or non-duality when I wrote it. Just recording my experience. Considering I am talking about acceptance of the manifested self moment-by-moment, I would have to say it is all in the dualistic realm.

Anonymous said…
So wonderful...moved.
Unknown said…
Thank you Ash,speaks volumes to me,and to my own experience in 'similar realms'
You're a good lad,our Ash x
I can say this,as an 'aged relative'
AbFab said…
Love this! And absolutely loving the finale! Good writing Ashwin!!
Unknown said…
Great post Ash. I can very much identify with it.
Mustafa said…
Awesome. Unique style with simple words put elegantly to convey deep truths

Popular Posts