Finding your inner guide

Like a lot of my poems, this poem is about something I have struggled a lot with and still do for that matter. It is meant as a reminder to myself as if a wise teacher were advising me. That wise teacher happens to be Cheri Huber who has taught extensively on this topic. During a self retreat a year ago, I read one of her many books and something clicked. Living it however is a different story. I have alway identified with sisyphus :)


 

Finding your inner guide

A multitude of voices
berate you
for not being perfect
but search for the solitary voice that says
let us try this
right now.
Not
you should have tried this a year ago
or ten for that matter
but let us try this
now.
Listen to that voice.
For among the multitude of voices
that is the one
struggling to be heard,
for among the multitude of voices
that is the one
that is your inner guide.

Comments

thank you. And by the way, there is no such thing as perfect. There's only you. So says your inner voice.
Ashanka said…
Beautiful poem. There is no THING perfect, but perfection exists ... and existence is perfect.

Popular Posts