Two Birds

Two Birds
Inspired by a verse from the Mundaka Upanishad.

Two Birds
Today, I bear the weight of social expectations
and today, I cast off the weight of social expectations.

Today, I honor the demands of society
and today, I refuse the demands of society.

Today, I am ravaged by my thoughts and feelings
and today, I am untouched by my thoughts and feelings.

Today, I am completely caught up in my situation
and today, I am completely free of my situation.

Today, I am the lotus
and today, I am the swamp.

Comments

V Niranjan said…
Excellent. Well said. We have the choice to be one with the mind or the witness consciousness of the mind. Niranjan
Satish said…
Lovely Ashwin. Deep and insightful
Mek543 said…
So glad you shared this. So succinctly stated.
Ashanka said…
Beautifully put. Thanks for sharing your thoughts ...
Ash, Pleasant one, thanks for sharing with us

Popular Posts