Afterglow

This is the separate self talking to the aware presence

Afterglow

I am a bird
Fluttering my wings
And you
the bird bath

I am  a seal
Basking in
Your sunlight

I am a cat
Purring happily
As you caress my neck

I am a dog
Curled up content
At your feet

I am a dolphin
Leaping  into the world with joy
Knowing
I can return

I am a wave
Returning
To the ocean

I am the moon
Using your light
To shine in the world

I am an image
In your kaleidoscope
Dissolving
To form again
Fascinated
By my patterns

I am the hiker
Sitting at the bottom of your waterfall
Sitting and letting
The water flow over me

I am a traveler in the desert
Crying tears of joy at finding you
An unexpected oasis
But still not sure
If you are a mirage
That will vanish if I
Come closer.

I am the moth
Resting by your fire
Enjoying your warmth

I am the writer
Who would rather dissolve

In your silence

Comments

Guri Mehta said…
So happy to see you writing again! Thank you for this beautiful poem.
Ashvin said…
Thanks for the encouragement, Guri!
Unknown said…
Great, Ashvin. This is a personal ode to the sought.
My email id is vineykirpal@gmail.com

Popular Posts