Leave me out of it

Leave me out of it
When you say
Our this
And
Our that,
I have no idea
What you are talking about
Or what this
Our is.

Our as in humans?
Maybe, I would understand.
Our as in living beings?
Better still.
Our as in life itself?
Now that
would be liberating.

Our food?
No idea.
There is food.
There is tasty food
There is tasteless food.
There is healthy food
Unhealthy food.
Food you like,
Food you don’t like.
What is our
Food?

Our people?
No idea.
There are people,
there are not people.
The not people
May very well be
Better than people.
There are people
You like,
There are people
You don’t like.
What is our
People?

While watching a cricket match
Are you a South Indian
Let alone
An Iyengar
Let alone
A Hebbar Iyengar
Which is not to be confused
With those
Madras Iyengars?

If someone were
To give you money,
Would you ask
Are you
One of our
People?

Continue
With your nonsense
If you must
With your people.
But I am not
So please

Leave me out of it.

Comments

Popular Posts