Gently

Over the next few days, I will be posting some poems that are not new but written after my book(The seeker and the sought) was printed. (If you would like a pdf version of my book or a printed version, please email me at meditator101@yahoo.com).
Here is one such poem:
Gently
I want the heart to open wide
like an automatic door at the push of a button
and be flooded by all the elements
- the wind, the sunshine, the rain, the smell of the earth, the chirping of birds.
But it does not work that way.
It opens suddenly, yes
unexpectedly, yes
but little by little.
It opens to let a smile in.
It opens to drop a demand
or a little bit of judgement
that little bit of judgement
that can create a hell in no time
and cast away the beloved.
It opens
when I let a bit of my selfishness go;
when I smile suddenly
in the middle of my anger
or while shaking my head;
when I am trying to be in the present
but bask in memories without restraint.
It opens just in time
to hold back a comment
realizing that not-doing is as much a sign of love
as doing.

Comments

Popular Posts